New students


Accept your offer

You must accept your offer before you can enrol.

Choose courses

Use the Programs & Courses search to find your degree and check the Program requirements.


Student cards

Once your enrolment is complete, you can collect your student card. You will need to present photo ID to obtain your student card.

Late commencement

Any new student who begins study after the start of classes (Semester 1: 16 February; Semester 2: 20 July) will be required to complete a Late Commencement Declaration and submit it to Student Central. This declaration states that, as they starting late, they will not be permitted to use that late start as a reason for Special Consideration, Special/Deferred Examinations, Reduced Study Load or exemption in the academic performance process. Declarations can be found on the International Students - Late Arrival page but are applicable to all late commencing students: international and domestic. Any questions regarding this can be directed to Student Central.

Find out more:

Course planner and timetables

The MPH course planner is available here.

The timetable for POPH courses, offered by the Research School of Population Health, is available here.

For more information about timetables, see: or contact the relevant Course Convenor.


The ANU Web-based Teaching and Learning Environment (WATTLE) gives you access to your courses wherever you have access to the web.

Each course has its own WATTLE site. You will find Course Outlines, assessment information, course materials, resources, discussion forums, quizzes and online activities on the WATTLE course sites. You will submit your assignments electronically through WATTLE.

After your enrolment has been processed, you will be able to access WATTLE. Login using your university ID and password. You will be taken to your My Courses page where you will see a list of all the sites for the courses you are currently enrolled in.

In general, WATTLE sites ‘go live’ one week before classes begin. For example, Semester 1 course sites ‘go live’ on 10 Feb and Autumn Term course sites ‘go live’ on 24 March.


Textbook information can be found at the relevant Programs and Courses entry. Textbooks are available for purchase at the on-campus Co-op Bookshop. For information about textbooks, contact the relevant Course Convenor.

Apply for credit

If you wish to apply for status (credit transfer/advanced standing) for courses previously completed at another university, you must complete an Application for Course Credit Transfer form and submit it, along with an official transcript of your previous studies and relevant course descriptions and outlines (including learning objectives, assessment and calculation of FTE units; eg. at ANU, a 6 unit course is 6/48ths of a full-year load).

Applications are assessed on an individual basis and can be made at the time of enrolment.

Apply for cross-institutional study

If you wish to complete a course at another Australian tertiary institution and have it count towards your ANU degree, you must complete an Application to Study Elsewhere on Cross-institutional Basis (PDF 125KB) and submit it along with the relevant course descriptions, including learning objectives, assessment and calculation of FTE units (eg. at ANU, a 6 unit course is 6/48ths of a full-year load).

Up to 25% of your program may comprise cross-institutional study. If you will not be studying at the ANU at the same time, it is assumed that you are applying for program leave. When you have completed these cross-institutional studies, you will need to provide your original official transcript so that the credit can be applied toward your ANU MPH. Applications are assessed on an individual basis and can be made at the time of enrolment

Updated:  22 September 2017/Responsible Officer:  Director/Page Contact:  Executive Support Officer