Dr Anne Parkinson is a sociologist and has worked at ANU since mid-2012, first with the Australian Primary Health Care Institute (APHCRI) until its closure in 2015 and later with the Department of Health Services Research and Policy (DHSR&P), which is part of the ANU's Research School of Population Health (RSPH). She also completed a six-month part time placement working as a Policy and Research Officer for the Consumers Health Forum of Australia in 2016 to broaden her experience.
Her PhD presented the findings from a survey she conducted of Australian canola farmers and their perspectives on the introduction of GM food crops, and an analysis of GM regulation to determine how farmers have been involved in GM technology policy making.
Anne is a member of The Australian Sociological Association (TASA), the National Institute for Rural and Regional Australia (NIRRA), and the Asia Pacific Science, Technology and Society Network (APSTN).
- Banfield, M, Jowsey, T, Parkinson, A et al 2017, 'Experiencing integration: a qualitative pilot study of consumer and provider experiences of integrated primary health care in Australia', BMC Family Practice Journal, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 1-12.
- Jowsey, T, Yen, L, Dennis, S et al 2016, 'Time to manage: patient strategies for coping with an absence of care coordination and continuity', Sociology of Health and Illness, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 854-873.
- McRae, I, Dawda, P, Banfield, M et al 2016, 'Can we measure integration of healthcare from administrative and clinical records?', Australian Family Physician, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 672-675.
- Gardner, K, Parkinson, A, Banfield, M et al 2015, 'Usability of patient experience surveys in Australian primary health care: a scoping review', Australian Journal of Primary Health, 22 (2), 93 - 99.
- Parkinson, A, Jorm, L, Douglas, K et al 2015, 'Recruiting general practitioners for surveys: reflections on the difficulties and some lessons learned', Australian Journal of Primary Health, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 254-258.
- Dawda P, McRae I, Yen L, Islam MM et al. 2015. Does it matter who organises your health care?. International Journal of Integrated Care, vol 15, pp 11.
- Yen, L, Parkinson, A & Gardner, K 2014, Evaluation of the Medicare Local Implementation Adviser Role. APHCRI Reports
- Parkinson, A & Parker, R 2013, 'Addressing chronic and complex conditions: what evidence is there regarding the role primary healthcare nurses can play?', Australian Health Review, vol. 37, no. 5, pp. 588-593.
- Richard Hindmarsh & Anne Parkinson (2012): The public inquiry as a
contested political technology: GM crop moratorium reviews in Australia, Environmental Politics, DOI:10.1080/09644016.2012.698882
To link to this article: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09644016.2012.698882
- Hogan, A, Berry, H, Ng, S et al 2011, 'Farmer Health and Adaptive Capacity in the Face of Climate Change and Variability. Part 1: Health as a Contributor to Adaptive Capacity and as an Outcome from Pressures Coping with Climate Related Adversities', International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 4039-4054.
- The Lost Stakeholder: A Case Study of Risk and Trust Perceptions held by Canola Farmers in NSW and the Implications for Policy Making in the Area of Biotechnology, Environment and Agriculture.
A copy can be viewed at
- Le Grande M, Murphy B, Higgins R, Worcester MU, Parkinson A, Brown S, Elliott P, Goble AJ. (2006). Physical Activity and Negative Emotional Response Following Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation, 13 (2): 254-60.
- Higgins R, Murphy B, Le Grande M, Brown S, Parkinson A, Worcester MU, Goble AJ (2005). Expressed Preferences for Health Education of Patients after Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation, 12 (6): 572-9.
- Goble AJ, Worcester MU, Le Grande M, Parkinson A (2003). A Westbay Literature Review: Integrated Disease Management for Congestive Heart Failure: Scientific Literature Review and Clinical Practice Guidelines. Produced on Behalf of Westbay Primary Care Partnership Integrated Disease Management Project, Melbourne.
- Parkinson A and Hindmarsh R (2003). Farmers Reject GM Canola, Australasian Science, 24 (6): 20-23.