Dr Nasser Bagheri is a Senior Research Fellow at the Australian National University (ANU), recipient of an Australian Research Council DECRA Fellowship and leads a spatial epidemiology team and co-leads Visualisation and Decision Analytics (VIDEA) lab in the Centre for Mental Health Research. His research has focused on chronic disease risk assessment, particularly, cardiovascular disease (CVD), diabetes, mental health and dementia with a particular interest in spatial variation and quantifying the impact of modifiable risk factors including lifestyle and built environment on chronic disease.
- Bagheri, N, Wangdi, K, Cherbuin, N et al 2018, 'Combining Geospatial Analysis with Dementia Risk Utilising General Practice Data: A Systematic Review', The Journal of Prevention of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 71-77.
- Hoseini, B, Bagheri, N, Kiani, B et al 2018, 'Access to dialysis services: A systematic mapping review
based on geographical information systems', Geospatial Health, vol. 13, no. 1.
- Madden, R, Kosari, S, Peterson, G et al 2018, 'Lapatinib plus capecitabine in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer: A systematic review', International Journal of Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 72-80.
- Furuya Kanamori, L, Sedrakyan, A, Onitilo, A et al 2018, 'Differentiated thyroid cancer: Millions spent with no tangible gain?', Endocrine-Related Cancer, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 51-57.
- Mazumdar, S, Bagheri, N, Konings, P et al 2018, 'Measuring Relationships between Doctor Densities and Patient Visits: A Dogâ€™s Breakfast of Small Area Health Geographies [IN PRESS]', Applied Spatial Analysis and Policy, vol. online, pp. 1-15.
- Bagheri, N, Wangdi, K, Cherbuin, N et al 2018, 'General Practice Clinical Data Help Identify Dementia Hotspots: A Novel Geospatial Analysis Approach', Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 125-134.
- Kiani, B, Bagheri, N, Tara, A et al 2017, 'Revealed access to haemodialysis facilities in northeastern Iran: Factors that matter in rural and urban areas', Geospatial Health, vol. 12, no. 584, pp. 237-244.
- Mazumdar, S, Pinzari, L, Bagheri, N et al 2017, 'A new generation of Primary Care Service Areas or
general practice catchment areas', Transactions in GIS, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1379-1390.
- Smurthwaite, K & Bagheri, N 2017, 'Using geographical convergence of obesity, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes at the neighborhood level to inform policy and practice', Preventing chronic disease [electronic resource]., vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 1-9.
- Bagheri, N, Furuya-Kanamori, L, Doi, S et al 2017, 'Geographical outcome disparities in infection occurrence after colorectal surgery: An analysis of 58,096 colorectal surgical procedures', International Journal of Surgery, vol. 44, pp. 117-121pp.
- Furuya-Kanamori, L, Doi, S, Smith, P et al 2017, 'Hospital effect on infections after four major surgical procedures: outlier and volume-outcome analysis using all-inclusive state data', Journal of Hospital Infection, vol. 97, no. 2, pp. 115-121pp..
- Desborough, J, Phillips, C, Mills, J et al 2017, 'Developing a Positive Patient Experience With Nurses in General Practice: An Integrated Model of Patient Satisfaction and Enablement', Journal of Advanced Nursing, vol. Online, pp. 38pp.
- Yu, Y, Davey, R, Cochrane, T et al 2017, 'Neighborhood walkability and hospital treatment costs: A first assessment', Preventive Medicine, vol. 99, pp. 134-139pp.
- Kiani, B, Bagheri, N, Tara, A et al 2017, 'Haemodialysis services in the northeastern region of Iran', Geospatial Health, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 130-136pp.
- Lal, A, Dobbins, T, Bagheri, N et al 2016, 'Cryptosporidiosis Risk in New Zealand Children Under 5 Years Old is Greatest in Areas with High Dairy Cattle Densities', EcoHealth, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 652-660pp.
- Mazumdar, S, Butler, D, Bagheri, N et al 2016, 'How useful are Primary Care Service Areas? Evaluating PCSAs as a tool for measuring Primary Care Practitioner access', Applied Geography, vol. 72, no. -, pp. 47-54pp.
- Sarfati, D, Gurney, J, Lim, B et al 2016, 'Identifying important comorbidity among cancer populations using administrative data: Prevalence and impact on survival', Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. E47-+.
- Desborough, J., Bagheri, N., Banfield, M., Phillips, C., Mills, J., Korda, R., 2016, 'The impact of general practice nursing care on patient satisfaction and enablement in Australia: a mixed methods study.', International Journal of Nursing Studies, vol. 64, pp. 108-119.
- Ivory, V, Blakely, T, Pearce, J et al 2015, 'Could strength of exposure to the residential neighbourhood modify associations between walkability and physical activity?', Social Science and Medicine, vol. 147, pp. 232-241.
- Desborough, J, Phillips, C, Banfield, M et al 2015, 'Impact of nursing care in Australian general practice on the quality of care: A pilot of the Patient Enablement and Satisfaction Survey (PESS)', Collegian, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 207-214.
- Bagheri, N, Gilmour, B, McRae, I et al 2015, 'Community Cardiovascular Disease Risk From Cross-Sectional General Practice Clinical Data: A Spatial Analysis', Preventing chronic disease [electronic resource]., vol. 12, no. Feb 2015, pp. E26-E26.
- Dawda P, McRae I, Yen L, Islam MM et al. 2015. Does it matter who organises your health care?. International Journal of Integrated Care, vol 15, pp 11.
- Jowsey, T, Yen, L, Bagheri, N et al 2014, 'Time spent by people managing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease indicates biographical disruption', International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 87-97.
- McBride, D, Paulin, S, Herbison, G et al 2014, 'Low Back and Neck Pain in Locomotive Engineers Exposed to Whole-Body Vibration', Archives of Environmental and Occupational Health: an international journal, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 207-213.
- Thurber, K, Bagheri, N & Banwell, C 2014, 'Social determinants of sugar-sweetened beverage consumption in the Longitudinal Study of Indigenous Children', Family Matters, vol. 2014, no. 95, pp. 51-61.
- Bagheri, N, McRae, I, Konings, P et al 2014, 'Undiagnosed diabetes from cross-sectional GP practice data: An approach to identify communities with high likelihood of undiagnosed diabetes', BMJ Open, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. e005305-e005305.
- Mazumdar, S, Konings, P, Hewett, M et al 2014, 'Protecting the privacy of individual general practice patient electronic records for geospatial epidemiology research', Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 548-552.
- Stebbings, S, Bagheri, N, Perrie, K et al 2012, 'Blended learning and curriculum renewal across three medical schools: The rheumatology module at the University of Otago', Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 1176-1189.
- Witten, K, Blakely, T, Bagheri, N et al 2012, 'Neighborhood built environment and transport and leisure physical activity: Findings using objective exposure and outcome measures in New Zealand', Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 120, no. 7, pp. 971-977.
- Milosavljevic, S, Bagheri, N, Vasiljev, R et al 2012, 'Does daily exposure to whole-body vibration and mechanical shock relate to the prevalence of low back and neck pain in a rural workforce?', Annals of Occupational Hygiene, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 10-17.
- Bagheri, N, Mavoa, S, Witten, K et al 2012, 'Does the relationship between dwelling density and physical activity change with different neighbourhood boundaries?
', Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, vol. 15, pp. S32.
- Milosavljevic, S, McBride, D, Bagheri, N et al 2011, 'Exposure to whole-body vibration and mechanical shock: A field study of quad bike use in agriculture', Annals of Occupational Hygiene, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 286-295.
- Milosavljevic, S, McBride, D, Bagheri, N et al 2011, 'Factors associated with quad bike loss of control events in agriculture', International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 317-321.
- Bagheri, N, Holt, A & Benwell, G 2009, 'Using geographically weighted regression to validate approaches for modelling accessibility to primary health care', Applied Spatial Analysis and Policy, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 177-194.
- Yen, L, McRae, I, Jowsey, T, Bagheri, N, (2013), 'Time spent on health related activity by older Australians with diabetes', Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders, vol. 12, no. 33.
- Mavoa, S., Bagheri, N., Witten, K., D O'Sullivan, D., (2012), Does the relationship between dwelling density and physical activity change with different neighbourhood boundaries? S. Mavoa, N. Bagheri, K. Witten, D. O'Sullivan Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport 15: S32. DOI:10.1016/j.jsams. 2012. 11.076
- Milosavljevic S., Bagheri N., McBride D.I., Vasiljev RM., Ramakrishnan Man., Carman AB., Rehn B., (2012). Does Daily Exposure to Whole-Body Vibration and Mechanical Shock Relate to the Prevalence of Low Back and Neck Pain in a Rural Workforce? Ann Occup Hyg, 56 (1): 10-17.
- Milosavljevic S., McBride D.I., Bagheri N., Vasiljev RM., Ramakrishnan Man., Carman AB., Rehn B., (2011). Exposure to whole body vibration and mechanical shock: A field study of quad bike use in agriculture. The Annals of Occupational Hygiene, 55(3): 286-295.
- Bagheri, N., Benwell, G.L, & Holt, A., (2009). A Geographically Weighted Regression analysis approach to modelling accessibility to primary health care. Journal of Applied Spatial Analysis and policy, 2(3):177-194.
- Bagheri, N., Benwell, G.L, & Holt, A., (2008) A new approach to modelling accessibility to primary health care: using a spatial accessibility index and a need index Journal of Hawaii Public Health, 1 (1): 14-27
- Bagheri, N., Benwell, G. L., & Holt, A., (2006) Primary Health Care Accessibility for Rural Otago: "A Spatial Analysis". Healthcare Review Online 10 (3).
- Gurney, J., Sarfati, D., Lim, B.T., Bagheri, N., Simpson, A.,Jonathan Koea, J., Dennett, E., (2013),Cancer, comorbidity and care: the prevalence and importance of comorbidity in cancer. Special Issue: COSA's 40th Annual Scientific Meeting. Cancer Care Coming of Age, 12-14 November 2013, Adelaide Convention Centre, Volume 9, Issue Supplement S3, pages 61–98, November 2013
- Bagheri, N., Benwell, G. L., & Holt, A. (2005). Measuring spatial accessibility to primary health care. The 17th annual Colloquium of the Spatial Information Research Centre, Dunedin, New Zealand, University of Otago, 103-108.