Dr Wei Du is a medically trained biostatistician. His research focuses on quality, safety, and experience of healthcare in people with complex needs. Dr Du participates in a number of research programs running in Australia and China. His strength mainly lies in novel study design and robust statistical application, as well as research to practice translation in both high and low income regions.
- Du W, Gnjidic D, Pearson S, Hilmer S, McLachlan A, Blyth F, et al. Patterns of high risk prescribing and other factors in relation to receipt of a Home Medicines Review: a prospective cohort investigation among adults aged 45 years and over in Australia. BMJ Open 2019;9:e027305.
- Zhou Q, Glasgow N, Du W. Health-related lifestyles and obesity among adults with and without disability in Australia: implication for mental health care. Disability and Health Journal. 2019;12(1):106-113
- Zhou M, Du W, Salvador-Carulla L, Glasgow N. Adverse drug events related hospitalisation in persons with neurodevelopmental disorders: a state-wide retrospective cohort study. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research 2019;63(5):429-440
- Wang J, Du W. Factors associated with high psychological distress in primary carers of persons with disabilities. Australian Journal of General Practice 2019;48(4):234-238
- Zhang H, Du W, Gnjidic D, Chong S, Glasgow N. Trends in adverse drug reactions related hospitalisations over 13 years in New South Wales, Australia. Internal Medicine Journal 2019;(49):84–93
- Du W, Luther M, Desborough J, Rogalewicz M, Glasgow N. Variation in and factors associated with psychosocial interventions for hospitalised self-harm patients in New South Wales, Australia. Gen Hosp Psychiatry 2018;54:1-4
- Du W, Glasgow N, Smith P, Clements A, Sedrakyan A. Major inpatient surgeries and in-hospital mortality in New South Wales public hospitals in Australia: a state-wide retrospective cohort study. Int J Surg. 2018;50:126-132.
Dr Du teaches various components in Biostatistics (POPH8101) and convenes Analysis of Public Health Data (POPH8313)