The primary topic of my thesis is climate change, violent conflict and health.
I also have interests in:
- Climate change and health systems
- Climate change adaptation and health equity
- Food access and health
- Indigenous health
- Conflict and health
- Mental health/psychology
- Health and religion
- BOWLES, D.C. 2016. Climate change-associated conflict and infectious disease In: BOUZID, M(ed.) Examining the role of environmental change on emerging infectious diseases and pandamics. Hershey: IGI Global.
- BOWLES, D.C. 2015. Climate change and health adaption: Consequences for Indigenous physical and mental health. Annals of Global Helath (http://www.annalsofglobalhealth.org/article/S2214-9996(15)01207-2/abstract).
- BOWLES, D.C., BUTLER, C.D. & MORISETTI, N. 2015. Climate change, conflict and health. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, 108(10): 390-395.
- BOWLES, D.C. 2015. Free policy from the proximate: Expanding the scope of public health practice to match epidemiological insights In: BUTLER, C.D., DIXON, J.M. & CAPON, A.G. (eds.) Health of people, places and planet: Reflections based on AJ (Tony) McMichael's four decades of contribution to epidemiological understanding. Canberra: ANU Press.