Kefyalew is currently doing his PhD on Tuberculosis and Multidrug Resistant Tuberculosis in Ethiopia under the supervision of Prof Archie Clements, Dr Kerri Viney and Prof Emma McBryde, in the Department of Global Health, Research School of Population Health, Australian National University. He has been awarded ANU PhD scholarship (International).
Prior to commencing his PhD, Kefyalew was working as an assistant professor of Epidemiology and Public Health at the University of Gondar, Ethiopia and has previously done research on infectious (Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS) and non-infectious disease. He has completed his BSc in public health and MPH in Epidemiology and Biostatistics.
His interest is on Epidemiological research particularly focusing on infectious (Tuberculosis, Multidrug-resistant Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS and other emerging microbial diseases) and non-infectious disease determinates, prevention, control, elimination and eradication.
- Kefyalew Addis Alene, Akilew Awoke Adane, Sisay Yifiru, Bikes Destaw Bitew, Aynishet Adane and Digsu Negese Koye (2016). Multidrug-Resistant Tuberculosis: Knowledge, Attitude and Practices of Health Professionals in Amhara Region Referral Hospitals, Northwest Ethiopia. PLOS ONE (under review)
- Yalemzewod Assefa Gelaw, Halefom Goitom Senbete, Akelew Awoke Adane, Kefyalew Addis Alene (2016). Determinants of late presentation to HIV/AIDS care in Southern Tigray Zone, Northern Ethiopia: an institution based case– control study. AIDS Research and Therapy, 12,1.
- Kassawmar Angaw, Abel Fekadu Dadi and Kefyalew Addis Alene (2015). Prevalence of hypertension among federal ministry civil servants in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia: a call for a workplace-screening program. BMC Cardio Vascular Disorder. 15:76.
- Sualiha Gebeyaw Ayalaw, Kefyalew Addis Alene, Akilew Awoke Adane (2015). Incidence and Predictors of Tuberculosis among HIV positive Children at University of Gondar Referral Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia. A Retrospective Follow-Up study. International Scholarly Research Notices, Article ID 307810.
- Tesfaye Birhane, Gizachew Assefa Tessema, Kefyalew Addis Alene, Abel Fekadu Dadi (2015). Knowledge of Pregnant Women on Mother-to-Child Transmission of HIV in Meket District, Northeast Ethiopia. Journal of Pregnancy, Article ID 960830.
- Kefyalew Addis Alene (2014). Consistent condom use among sexually active HIV positive women. Open Access Journal of Contraception, 5, pp: 85-90.
- Yalemzewud A, Gashaw A, Kefyalew A (2014). Effect of residence on mothers' health care seeking behaviour for common childhood illness in Northwest Ethiopia: a community based comparative cross – sectional study. BMC Research Notes, 7, 705. http://dx.doi:10.1186/1756 -0500-7-705
- Kefyalew Addis Alene and Abdulahi Mohamed Dohe (2014). Prevalence of Anemia and Associated Factors among Pregnant Women in an Urban Area of Eastern Ethiopia. Anemia, Article ID 561567.
- Desaleng Amare Zelellw, Berhane GebireKidane Gebireigziabher, Kefyalew Addis Alene, Balew Arega Negaite and Tarekegn Asemamaw Kasahune (2014). Prevalence and Associated Factors of Stunting among Schoolchildren at Debre Markose Town And Gozamen District, Northwest Ethiopia, 3013. Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences. S8:007.
- Eshetu Haileselassie Engeda, Anteneh Mesele Birhanu and Kefyalew Addis Alene (2014). Intent to stay in the nursing profession and associated factors among nurses working in Amhara Regional State Referral Hospitals, Ethiopia. BMC Nursing, 13:24. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6955/13/24
- Nura Muhammed Abdella, Mekuriaw A Tefera, Abebaw E Eredie, Timothy F Landers Yewunetu D Malefia and Kefyalew Addis Alene (2014). Hand hygiene compliance and associated factors among health care providers in Gondar University Hospital, Gondar, North West Ethiopia. BMC Public Health, 14:96. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/14/96
- Kefyalew Addis Alene, Ansha Nega and Belaynew Wassie Taye (2013). Incidence and predictors of tuberculosis among adult people living with human immunodeficiency virus at the University of Gondar Referral Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia. BMC Infectious Diseases. 13:292. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2334/13/292
- Kefyalew Addis Alene, Negash Tadese, Tadese Awoke Ayele, Zelalem Birhanu Mengesha (2013). High prevalence of HIV/AIDS risky sexual behaviors among street youth in Gondar town: a community based cross sectional study. BMC Research Notes,6:234. http://www.biomedcentral.com/1756-0500/6/234
- Akilew Awoke Adane , Kefyalew Addis Alene, Digsu Negese Koye, Berihun Megabiaw Zeleke (2013). Non- Adherence to Anti-Tuberculosis Treatment and Determinant Factors among Patients with Tuberculosis in Northwest Ethiopia. PLOSE ONE, 8: 11
- Digisu Negese, Kefyalew Addis, Akilew Awoke, Zelalem Birhanu, Dagnachew Muluye, Sisay Yifiru , Berihun Megabiaw (2012). HIV-Positive Status Disclosure and Associated Factors among Children in North Gondar, Northwest Ethiopia. International Scholarly Research Network. ISRN AIDS, 485720:7