My research will explore adiposity in children born to migrant and Australian born parents. The research study will utilize data from wave 1-6 of longitudinal study of Australian children (LSAC). The quantitative findings from LSAC will be complemented by a qualitative study to understand the cultural influences on the adiposity of children born to migrant parents.
- Rashid Z, Zulfiqar T, Rashid Nazir, Sheldon Allen, Iftikhar Cheema, et al. (2013) Evaluating primary healthcare service revitalization interventions though a knowledge, practice and coverage survey in earthquake-affected areas in Pakistan. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology. Vol. 5(5), 228-236.
- Zulfiqar T, Rizwi F, Jalili S, Shami S.A, et al. (2012) Association of maternal anthropometry with neonatal birth weight during third trimester of normal pregnancy in a hospital based study in Pakistan. PJPH. 2(4):4-10
- Zulfiqar T, Rizwi F, Jalili S, Shami S.A et al. (2011). Low birth weight and relationship with maternal dietary habits during third trimester of low risk pregnancies in a hospital based study in Pakistan. PJPH. 1(1).11-17
- Witter S. Zulfiqar T, Javeed S, Khan Aman, Bari Abdul. (2011) Paying health workers for performance: a district-based case study in Pakistan, “Human resources for health”, published on line. 9:23.
- Zulfiqar T, Pakistan community health worker programme, Past, present and future. (2011). Paper presented at the SAARC Social Services for HRD in SAARC regions.
- Third party Evaluation of Lady health worker Program, 2010. Federal Ministry of Health. Islamabad Pakistan and Canadian International Development Agency.
- Zulfiqar T., Breast-feeding Practices in Pakistan: the grandmother factor. (2010) Journal of Breast feeding and Infant Nutrition Alliance. Volume 3, issue 1.
- Zulfiqar T, Rizwi F, Jalili S, Shami S.A, et al. 2011. Association of Maternal Macronutrient intake in 3rd trimester of normal pregnancy on the maternal weight gain and neonatal birth weight of full term neonates. Rawal Medical Journal. 36, (2); 137-142.
- Health and Nutrition survey in Earthquake affected areas of Pakistan. (2007)UNICEF/WFP/WHO joint Survey in collaboration with MoH, February.
- Zulfiqar T, Anis R.A, Aqeel F. 2007 Prevalence of goitre in children aged 6-12 years in a Union council near Islamabad. Journal of Pakistan Medical Research Council. Vol 46, no 4.