The Visual and Decision Analytics (VIDEA) lab is a research infrastructure and organisation to enable and facilitate decision making in mental health policy using novel visual analysis techniques and is the first lab in Australia that combines and coordinates the expertise in two recent and related areas of knowledge (visual analytics and decision making) in mental health planning. It provides a unique opportunity to bring together the expertise on visual and decision analysis, modelling, mapping, media and arts from very different groups at ANU and apply them to a new area of collaborative research in mental health policy and practice.
VIDEA will facilitate evidence-based decision making at the different levels of the care system (Individual, population, local, state, national, international) and increase equity and efficiency of care planning and delivery. It will apply the most novel approaches to data visualisation and incorporate on-going research in the field of decision analysis applied to health care and policy.
VIDEA will be part of a national and international visual analytics hub coordinated from CMHR which will combine virtual nodes that bring together decision-scientists and visual analytics experts from many disciplines and on-site laboratories on specific areas of research in policy and society.
Global/Local Mental Health Projects
- Integrated MH Atlas of Western Sydney
- Integrated MH Atlas of South Western Sydney
- Integrated MH Atlas of South Eastern Sydney
- Integrated MH Atlas of Inner West Sydney
- Integrated MH Atlas of Inner City Sydney
- Integrated MH Atlas of Far West
- Integrated MH Atlas of Western NSW
- Integrated MH Atlas of North Sydney
- Integrated MH Atlas of Canberra – ACT
- SOMNET project
- Social fragmentation and mental health
- GIS and complex indices (i.e. social fragmentation index)
- Spider graphs of patterns of care
- Balance of care