- Global, Regional, and National Burden of Rheumatic Heart Disease, 1990-2015. David Watkins, Catherine Johnson, Samantha Colquhoun, Jonathan Carapetis, Gregory Roth et al. New England Journal of Medicine. 377(8). 2017
- Global, regional and national disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) for 306 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE) for 188 countries, 1990-2013: quantifying the epidemiological transition. GBD 2013 DALYs and HALE Collaborators, Murray C J L et al. includes Colquhoun SM. The Lancet. Published online 26 Aug 2015.
- Disparity in Mortality from Rheumatic Heart Disease in Indigenous Australians. Colquhoun SM, Condon JR, Steer AC, Li SQ, Guthridge S, Carapetis JR. Journal of the American Heart Association (JAHA).4 (7). 2015
- Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 79 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks in 188 countries, 1990–2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. GBD 2013 Risk Factors Collaborators: Forouzanfar MH. et al includes Colquhoun SM. The Lancet published online 10 Sept 2015.
- Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 301 acute and chronic diseases and injuries in 188 countries, 1990–2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. GBD writing group collaborators. (Includes Colquhoun SM co-author) The Lancet. Published online 8 June 2015
- Global, regional, and national levels and causes of maternal mortality during 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Kassebaum, N.J., Bertozzi-Villa, A., Coggeshall, M.S. (includes Colquhoun, S.M. et al) The Lancet. Online Publication, 2 May 2014
- Echocardiographic screening in a resource poor setting: Borderline rheumatic heart disease could be a normal variant. Colquhoun SM, Kado JH, Remenyi B, Wilson N.J, Carapetis JR, Steer AC. International Journal of Cardiology. 2014 May 1;173(2):284-9.
- Child health nurses in the Solomon Islands: lessons for the Pacific and other developing countries. Colquhoun S, Ogaoga D, Tamou M, Nasi T, Subhi R, Duke T. Human Resources for Health Journal. 2012. 10 (450
- Pilot study of nurse-led rheumatic heart disease echocardiography screening in Fiji - a novel approach in a resource-poor setting. Colquhoun SM, Carapetis JR, Kado JH, Reeves BM, Remenyi B, May W, Wilson NJ, Steer AC. Cardiology in the Young. 2013 Aug 23 (4): 546-52
- Disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) for 291 diseases and injuries in 21 regions, 1990—2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. . Murray CJ, Vos T, Lozano R, Lopaz D. et al (includes Colquhoun, SM). The Lancet. 380(9859): 2197 - 2223, 15 December 2012