Dr Tambri Housen is an epidemiologist and registered nurse specializing in international public health. She is currently working as a Research Fellow on the Masters of Philosophy (Applied Epidemiology), Australia's Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP).
Dr Housen has experience in post-conflict and developing nations in the areas of field research, project design and management, team leadership, mentorship and capacity building. She is an experienced registered nurse having worked in varied hospital settings, primary health care, tropical medicine, nutrition, maternal-child health and infectious diseases.
- Kenny, B, Miller, M, McEvoy, V et al 2019, 'A protracted outbreak of Salmonella Hessarek infection associated with one brand of eggsâ€”South Australia, March 2017 - July 2018', Communicable Diseases Intelligence, vol. 43, pp. 1-9.
- Housen, T, Lenglet, A, Ariti, C et al 2018, 'Validation of mental health screening instruments in the Kashmir Valley, India', Transcultural Psychiatry, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 361-383pp.
- Fonseca, M, Abdi, A, Karsten, J et al 2018, 'Antibiotic Resistance (ABR) in Neonates with Suspected Sepsis admitted to a Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) supported Medium Care Unit in Quetta, Pakistan', International Journal of Infectious diseases, vol. 73, pp. 123-124pp.
- Hii, A, Chughtai, A, Housen, T et al 2018, 'Epidemic intelligence needs of stakeholders in the Asia-Pacific region', Western Pacific Surveillance and Response, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 9pp.
- Housen, T, Lenglet, A, Ariti, C et al 2017, 'Prevalence of anxiety, depression and posttraumatic stress disorder in the Kashmir Valley', BMJ Global Health, vol. Online, pp. 13pp..
Masters of Philosophy - Applied Epidemiology Scholars
Srean Chimm - Field Placement: Institut Pasteur du Cambodge, jPhnom Penh, Cambodia
Stephanie Wheeler - Field Placement: Hunter New England Population Health Unit, Newcastle, New South Wales
Kirsten Williamson - Field Placement: Hunter New England Population Health Unit, Newcastle, New South Wales
Stephen Harfield - Field Placement: South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute, Adelaide, South Australia
Charlee Law - Communicable Disease Epidemiology. Field Placement: Health Protection New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales
Aurysia Hii - Applied epidemiology of infectious diseases for epidemic response in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. Field Placement: Integrated Systems for Epidemic Response (ISER), University of New South Wales (UNSW)
Bernadette Kenny - Surveillance, prevention and control of infectious disease and trauma in South Australia. Field Placement: South Australian Health Communicable Disease Control Branch, Adelaide, South Australia
Jana Sisnowski - Prevention and control of sexually transmissible infections and other infectious disease across multiple settings. Field Placement: The Kirby Institute for infection and immunity in society, UNSW
Ximena Tolosa - Applied epidemiology of influenza and other respiratory infections in Australia, Bangladesh and Cambodia. Field Placement: World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Reference and Research on Influenza (VIDRL), Melbourne, Victoria
Amy Parry - Strengthening local and international epidemiology workforce during emergencies in low resource settings.
Sally Carter - Developing and evaluating a parent-level intervention to address child mental health needs in humanitarian contexts
Chaturangi Yapa - Primary health care service delivery by international actors in humanitarian emergencies
James Flint - The impact of a field epidemiology and operational research training program on health systems in Papua New Guinea