Having trained in Medicine in Auckland, I worked in New Zealand and Australia as a medical doctor for a couple of years. I then joined Medecins sans Frontieres in 2012 - a childhood dream come true - and have worked with them in South Sudan, Iraq, the Philippines and Liberia. I completed the Australian Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) / MAE program in 2015 at NSW Health Protection before commencing my PhD.
Primary health care in complex emergencies
Dr Kamalini Lokuge
- Yapa CM, Furlong C, Shadbolt C, et al., First reported outbreak of hepatitis E virus infection in Australia. Article in press with Medical Journal of Australia
- Rosewell A, Effler P, Yapa CM, et al. Ebola outbreak in West Africa: considerations for strengthening Australia’s international health emergency response. Article in press with Medical Journal of Australia
- Chua KL, Thapa K, Yapa CM, et al., What assay is optimal for the diagnosis of measles virus infection? An evaluation of the performance of a measles virus real-time reverse transcriptase PCR using the Cepheid SmartCycler® and antigen detection by immunofluorescence. Journal of Clinical Virology 2015; 70 (9): 46 – 52
- Parag V, Hackett ML, Yapa CM, et al., The impact of stroke on unpaid caregivers: results from The Auckland Regional Community Stroke study, 2002-2003.Cerebrovascular Diseases 2008; 25 (6): 548-554; 27 citations
- Hackett M.L, Yapa CM, Parag V, et al., Frequency of Depression after Stroke: A Systematic Review of Observational Studies. Stroke 2005; 36 (6): 1330- 1335; 802 citations