Oli is a PhD candidate at the Research School of Population Health at the Australian National University.
He awarded both Master of Science and Bachelor Science Degrees in Psychology from the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Before commencing his PhD, Oli worked at the Department of Psychology, University of Chittagong, Bangladesh for more than three years. His research interests are – problematic social media use, mental health, and applied psychometrics. He co-authored several papers that focused on mental health during COVID-19 pandemic.
His research at the RSPH aims to assess the efficiency of smartphone application-based intervention to control problematic social media use and its negative effects on mental health.
- Ahmed, O., Nayeem, S.J., Alam, N., & Griffiths, M.D. (2021). The mediating role problematic social media use in the relationship between social avoidance/ distress and self-esteem. Technology in Society, 64, 101485. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techsoc.2020.101485
- Faisal, R.A., Jobe, M.C., Ahmed, O., & Sharker, T. (2021). Mental Health Status, Anxiety, and Depression Levels of Bangladeshi University Students During the COVID-19 Pandemic. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11469-020-00458-y
- Kowal, M., Coll-Martin, T., Ikizer, G., Rasmussen, J., Eichel, K., Studzińska, A., Koszałkowska,K., Karwowski, M., Najmussaqib, A., Pankowski, D., Lieberoth, A., & Ahmed, O. (2020). Who is the most stressed during the COVID-19 pandemic? Data from 26 countries and areas. Applied Psychology: Health and Well-being, 12(4), 946-966. https://doi.org/10.1111/aphw.12234
- Ahmed, O., Naher, L., Islam, R., Akter, M., & Deb, S. (2020). Psychometric analysis of the Bangla version of the Dark Triad Dirty Dozen. Heliyon. 6(11), e05341. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2020.e05341
- Ahmed, O., Faisal, R.A., Sharker, T., Lee, S.A., & Jobe. M.C. (2020). Adaptation of the Bangla Version of the COVID-19 Anxiety Scale. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11469-020-00357-2
- Ahmed, M.Z., Ahmed, O., Aibao, Z., Hanbin, S., Siyu, L., & Ahmad, A. (2020). Epidemic of COVID-19 in China and Associated Psychological Problems. Asian Journal of Psychiatry, 51, 102092. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2020.102092